Installing rePalm on a STM32F429I
Caution: I won‘t take any responsibility for any damge!
Also: With this tutorials, you will override the default firmware on your STM32F429I!
- FSTM32 ST-LINK Utility
- Driver for the STM32F429I
- rePalm-Rom-File (Section „So where does this leave us?“)
In order to download the files from st.com you need to create an account.
Everything was done on Windows 10 Professional (64Bit).
If you are a Linux-User here is an article how to install the STM32 ST-LINK Utitlity (or the command-line-version of this tool) on linux:
(This wasn‘t tested by me!)
The steps are really straight forward:
1. First you need to install the needed software. (Both, the Flashing-Software and the driver.)
2. After the installation, start „STM32 ST-LINK Utility“:
3. Connect your STM32F429I via USB to your computer
(Make sure, the mini-usb-port is used and NOT the mirco-USB-port!)
4. Click on the connect-icon (next to the save-icon). A blue-message will tell you, that it ist
(If it will not get recognized, unplug it, wait a few seconds, reattach your STM32F429I and click on the connect-icon again.)
5. In the next step click on „Target“ and „Promgram & Verify ...“ (Shortcut: CTRL + P):
6. Now, select your downloaded rom.bin from http://dmitry.gr
(You can find the link in the „So where does this leave us?“-section.):
7. After this, just click on „Start“:
8. Be patient while your device gets flashed:
(This process should only take a few minutes.)
9. After a sucessful transfer … :
10. … just click on the „disconnect“-icon and you are done:
You should now have Palm OS on your STM32F429I: